Our Explore Marrakech tour lets you enjoy all that Marrakech and its beautiful surrounding areas has to offer. Visit all the sites of Marrakech; the Menera Gardens, the famous Jardin Majoralle, the Bahia Palace and the Saadian tombs. Immerse yourself in the chaotic life of Djemaa el-Fna, the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a day trip to the stunning Ourika Valley, Ouzoud Waterfalls or Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou. Relax in the wonderful coastal town of Essaouira. So much to see and do in this short space of time!
Our Explore Marrakech Tour can be modified depending on your time and what you would like to see.
DAY 1: Marrakech
Pick up at train, bus, or airport. Arrive at your Riad where you will be welcomed with a warm pot of refreshing Moroccan mint tea. Take the afternoon to settle into Marrakech. In the evening, you will be served a welcome dinner at your Riad. Transfers to Marrakech from other cities can be arranged. Overnight in Marrakech.
DAY 2: Marrakech
Explore the famous city of Marrakech, the ‘southern pearl’ of Morocco, and second oldest Imperial city which has for centuries been an important stop for traders and travellers. Your tour will include the Menera Gardens, the famous Jardin Majoralle, the Bahia Palace and the Saadian tombs. Visit the Koutoubia Mosque, with its 77m high minaret dominating the centre of Marrakech. Continue to one of the centre attractions of Marrakech; Djemaa el-Fna, the famous UNESCO World Heritage Site which is one of the main cultural spaces in Marrakech. Relax at one of the many cafes surrounding the square to take in all the sights. Continue on and explore the varied and colourful souks displaying fresh fruits, cones of colourful spices, intricately woven fabrics, and striking leather, brass and copper work. Overnight in Marrakech.
DAY 3: Marrakech – Atlas Mountains – Marrakech
Today leave the busy pace of Marrakech behind! Choose from one of the following day trip options:
- Visit Ourika Valley, one of the most accessible High Atlas valleys from Marrakech. Less than 45 minutes drive from Marrakech, leave the city behind and drive along the Ourika Valley, a lush oasis of vegetation in the foothills of the magnificent Atlas Mountains. Visit the Berber village of Setti Fatima and lunch in a local Berber café. Follow the rocky foothills above the village to the series of waterfalls.
- Visit the magnificent Ouzoud Waterfalls (Cascades d’Ouzoud), just 150km northeast of Marrakech. The falls are close to the Atlas Mountains village of Tanaghmeilt. See the river plunge 100m in a complex network of waterfalls that cascade one into another through 3 major and several minor drops.
- Cross the High Atlas mountains via the stunning Tichka Pass (2260m) which offers dramatic panoramic views in the heart of the Atlas Mountain chain. Continue to UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ait Ben Haddou, a fortified city, or ksar along the former High Atlas caravan route between the Sahara desert and Marrakech. This is a full day trip of approximately 4hrs each way.
DAY 4: Marrakech
Spend the day relaxing in Marrakech today. Perhaps walk through some of the many gardens, visit Djemaa el-Fna, or wander through the souks. Relax in a traditional Moroccan hammam (bathhouse), or take a cooking class. The choice is yours! Overnight in Marrakech.
DAY 5: Marrakech – Essaouira (177kms)
Depart Marrakech for the charming seaside town of Essaouira. A relaxing drive lined with argan oil cooperatives will take you to this UNESCO World Heritage listed city. The windswept fishing port, with broad beaches and ancient walled medina with ramparts built into the cliffs has long been a popular destination. With its relaxed feel, take in the small but lively medina, stroll along the ramparts or beach, or visit the port to see the daily catch. Return to Marrakech in the late afternoon. Overnight in Marrakech.
DAY 6: Marrakech
Depart Marrakech. Transfer to airport, train or bus station.
Suggestions for amending your Explore Marrakech Tour
- Stay overnight in Essaouira
- Stay overnight in Ouzoud Waterfalls or Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
Contact Us for more information